Ganghoi never took a breathe except after consulting the prophet (Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam) for 12 years
Gangohi not doing anything without asking the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam) !
it is written: “Once Hazrat Maulana Ganghoi (rah) was very enthusiastic and there was a discussion on the topic of Tasawwur e Shaykh (imagining the face of his Shaykh always when doing Zikr and others) and he asked: “Shall I mention it?” and they said yes, and he said again: “Shall I mention it?” and they said yes, and he said again: “Shall I mention it?” and they said yes. Then he said: “For three complete years, the face of Hazrat Imdad was remaining in my heart, and I did not do anything without asking him. “ Then he became enthusiastic again and said: “Shall I mention it?” and they said: yes surely mention it…: “For 12 years Hazrat (the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam)) remained in my heart and I did not do anything without asking him.” And after saying this he became more enthusiastic and said: “Shall I mention it?” and they said yes, but he remained silent, and people insisted and he said: “leave it” and tomorrow they insisted again and he said: “Brother, I remained then in the state of Ihsan”.
[Ref: story no. 307 of “Arwah Thalathah”,]
Only if the sahaaba knew the secret recipee of ganghoi , they would have too been able to consult the prophet (Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam) in matters of war-fare and especially the khilafah.
2. Moulana Zakariyah says: “Once he (Imdadullah Muhajir Makki) saw in a dream that he could not lift his feet on account of the awe, which pervaded his being. Suddenly, his honorable ancestor, Mulla Bulaqi appeared and taking hold of Haji Sahib’s hand, presented him to Rasoolullah. In turn, Rasoolullah took hold of his (Haji Sahib’s) hand and assigned him into the care of Shaikh Mashaikh Hazrat Mia’nji Nur Muhammad.”
3. Moulana Zakariyah says: “… Hazrat’s (Imdadullah Muhajir Makki) sister-in-law saw Rasoolullah in a dream saying: “Get up! (Move away!) I shall prepare the food of Imdadullah’s guests who are Ulema.”
4. Moulana Zakariyah says: “Once a man saw in his dream that Hazrat Haji Sahib (Imdadullah Muhajir Makki) was wearing the Mubarak cloak of Rasoolullah…”
5. Moulana Zakariyah says: “After Ziyarat of Rasoolullah’s grave, he (Imdadullah Muhajir Makki) derived fuyudh of that holy place. During his time in Medina, while in Muraqabah in the area known as ‘a garden from the gardens of Jannah’ (i.e. the area between the Sacred grave and blessed minbar), he had the honor of making Ziyarat of Rasoolullah, who placed an amamah (turban) on his head.”
6. Moulana Zakariyah says: “In one of the villages in the district of Surat, there was an Imam of the Masjid, whose name is Sulaiman Mia. He dreamt that two Buzurgs with the holiest countenance were sitting on a throne. Sulaiman Mia asked this man: “Who are these great people?” He replied: “The great one is Rasoolullah and the other is Moulana Rasheed Ahmad, the Shaikh of Moulvi Ahmad Buzurg, former principal of Dhabel Madrasa.”
 Al-Baraheen al-Qatiya, p.30.
 Irshaadul-Mulook (Eng. Trans) p. 29-30, Mashaikh-e-Chist (Eng. Trans) p.209 and Imdadul-Mushtaq ila Ashraful-akhlaq, (Urdu version) p. 8.
 Mashaikh-e-Chist pp. 221, Ikhmaalush Shiyaam (Eng. trans) pp. 45, Irshaadul-Mulook (Eng. trans) p.32 and Imdadul-Mushtaq ila Ashraful-akhlaq, (Urdu version) p. 8-9
 Mashaikh-e-Chist p.223.
 Mashaikh-e-Chist p.221.
 Mashaikh-e-Chist (Eng. Trans) p.248-249.
Source (for screen prints): http://www.ahya.org/tjonline/eng/09/06Ghayb.html