Below are some powers attributed to the sufis of the Chisti Tariqah by Zakariya Khandlawee al-Deobandee al-Hanafee (Mashaikh-e-Chist, Eng.Trans. Saadiq publications)
- Any person, on whom Hazrat (Nizamuddin Deen al-Umri) cast his gaze would become a Shahid-e-Shuhood immediately. (Shahid-Shuhood is a high ranking Wali those who dwell in a lofty state of Divine Presence and Perception – Translator of Mashaikh-e-Chist) (page.192, Saadiq publications)
- By a gaze of Hazrat Abu Ahmad (Khawajah Abu Ahmad Abdaal Chisti), a man could be transformed into a performer of karaamat. (page.145, published Majlisul Ulama of South Africa)
- Hazrat Shaykh Abdul-Haqq Quddus Gangohi cast a powerful gaze of Tawajjuh on Moulana Jalal Deen. In consequsnce, his entire treasure of knowledge was affected. (page.188, Saadiq publications)
- His (Khawajah Moinud Deen Chisiti) gaze was sufficiant to transform a man into a Sahib-e-Marifat.(page.45, Saadiq publications)
- Khawajah Moinud Deen Chist became ba’yt to Hazrat Uthmaan Haaruni, and by his virtue of Tawajjuh, Moinud-Deen Chisiti attained perfection in sulook in a single day. (page.145, Saadiq publications)
- Khawajah moinud Deen Chisti once passed by an orchard of a hostile Shiah chief, who would kill any person who adopted the names, Abu Bakr, Umar, and Uthmaan. Moinud Deen Chisti sat near the pond. The Shiah appeaerd in a furious state intending to kill Moinud Deen Chisti. But when Hazrat glanced at him, the shiah fell down. When he gained his consciousness, he was a transformed person and a staunch follower. (page.147, Saadiq publications)
The Prophet’s ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) uncle Abu Talib was within sight of the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم), but he was not able to bring him to Islaam and Allaah said to him ( صلى الله عليه وسلم):
“Indeed, you (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) guide not whom you like, but Allaah guides whom He wills. And He knoes best those who are the guided” (Qur’aan 28:56)
Furthermore, the son of Nuh (عليه السلام) and the father of Ibraheem (عليه السلام) were within sight of these great Prophets, but they were unable to guide them.
Do the Deobandi’s believe in every tale without asking why the Prophets did not have these powers?